Tax Preparation and Planning Services
The accountants at Cook CPA specialize in tax services for individuals and businesses in Roseville, California.
At the Cook CPA Group, we provide an array of tax preparation and tax planning services. Our accountants and CPAs are dedicated to provided our clients with peace of mind through sound tax preparation and planning services. At the Cook CPA Group, we are proud to offer free consultations to individuals and businesses seeking tax guidance.
Tax Preparation ServicesPreparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. Frequently, potential clients who come in to our office report anxiety and uncertainty when attempting to make technical tax determinations. Living with fear and anxiety of the potential consequences of a tax audit is simply no way to go about your life. However, working with a tax professional like an accountant can take the guesswork out of preparing and filing taxes. In fact, according to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office, nearly four-fifths of taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from utilizing the services of a professional tax preparer. Unfortunately, federal taxes and the IRS are only the start of tax concerns for Californians. An array of state tax agencies including the Board of Equalization and Franchise Tax Board enforce the tax laws of the state. We can also help file state income taxes, sales and use tax, employment tax, and all other state tax obligations. When you work with the Cook CPA Group for tax preparation services, you can always expect the highest levels of professionalism and client service. Our approach to tax preparation services includes:
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
- Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. Why give the IRS an interest free loan for up to 16 months.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year. In addition, we will give you a sheet of commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year’s tax liability.
Tax Planning and Tax Liability Minimization GuidanceOne of the most important steps towards building and protecting your wealth is careful tax planning. Legally minimizing one’s taxes is a right that all Americans have. However, it is important to realize that staking out overly aggressive tax positions can result in an audit and tax penalties that are far worse than if the taxpayer had staked out a more defensible position in the first place. We can help you minimize your tax liabilities while managing risk. Some of the services that our part of our tax planning practice include:
- A careful review of your finances and financial planning goals.
- We can review past tax filings for problems in past years.
- We can help you determine how to handle foreign income including the potential for “double-taxation.”
- We can assess whether you need to report foreign accounts through FBAR or FATCA.
- We can help you understand the risk involved in certain tax positions.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year.