Cook CPA Group
Staff Accountant – Part Time
With an emphasis on winery, agricultural, and small businesses, Cook CPA Group offers a variety of business services including a virtual CFO service. These services range from the traditional tax planning/projections to more niche specific assistance such as inventory costing (GAAP and tax basis) or setting up industry-specific accounting systems. Our firm is casual often with office dogs prancing about greeting clients. We are looking for about 15 hours a week. This is a part time position with an opportunity to transition to full time. During January thru April, the hours required will likely by higher.
The main objective of the staff accountant position will be to support our growing business clients to assist with income tax preparation as well as assurance services. Keen interest in technology and familiarity with software such as QuickBooks (both desktop and online versions) and Prosystem Engagement is very helpful. Your understanding of standard audit procedures and progress completing the CPA exam will be evaluated. The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
Establish a proficient resource for clients:
- Provide timely answers or recommendations to clients to address or improve their accounting processes
- Able to communicate the reasons for requested audit documentation with clients
- Continually communicate with members of the audit team progress of assigned sections of the audit
- Become proficient performing GAAP research and preparing research memos for partner review
Assist with preparing income tax returns:
- Communicate to clients the necessary clean up entries required to prepare their books for tax return preparation
- Provide updates to our Communications Director the status of income tax returns in the workflow process
- Participate in in-house training classes and other learning opportunities
Please email us your cover letter and resume with “Staff Accountant – Part Time” in the subject box.