Cook CPA Group
Join Cook CPA to acquire skills to make a difference to a business.
At Cook CPA, our role for a recent college graduate helps them gain the necessary experience to become a CPA and provides a platform to become a business consultant adept in accounting and tax solutions. We achieve this commitment to you by emphasizing the following:
- Provide superior personalized services with practical and cost-effective solutions to clients’ needs.
- Provide clients with the capability to focus on their businesses by working collaboratively with their bookkeepers, controllers, and financial managers to streamline big-picture perspectives.
- Provide trusted advice and guidance on strategies to assist clients meet their business objectives and goals (i.e., SWOT analysis).
- Fulfill our professional obligation with respect, integrity and honesty, and fulfill our commitments as promised.
- Support our clients in their community by attending their events and engaging with them in person.
- Keep abreast of the most recent technical financial information to service our clients as best as we can.
- Work as a team allowing everyone to prosper along in the journey for our clients’ objectives.
- Strive for constant and never-ending improvement on our Core Values, and Company Objectives.
- Continue working on templates and efficiency protocols.
Staff Accountant – Part Time
With an emphasis on winery, agricultural, and small businesses, Cook CPA Group offers a variety of business services including a virtual CFO service. These services range from the traditional tax planning/projections to more niche specific assistance such as inventory costing (GAAP and tax basis) or setting up industry-specific accounting systems. Our firm is casual often with office dogs prancing about greeting clients. We are looking for about 15 hours a week. This is a part time position with an opportunity to transition to full time. During January thru April, the hours required will likely by higher.
The main objective of the staff accountant position will be to support our growing business clients to assist with income tax preparation as well as assurance services. Keen interest in technology and familiarity with software such as QuickBooks (both desktop and online versions) and Prosystem Engagement is very helpful. Your understanding of standard audit procedures and progress completing the CPA exam will be evaluated. The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
Establish a proficient resource for clients:
- Provide timely answers or recommendations to clients to address or improve their accounting processes
- Able to communicate the reasons for requested audit documentation with clients
- Continually communicate with members of the audit team progress of assigned sections of the audit
- Become proficient performing GAAP research and preparing research memos for partner review
Assist with preparing income tax returns:
- Communicate to clients the necessary clean up entries required to prepare their books for tax return preparation
- Provide updates to our Communications Director the status of income tax returns in the workflow process
- Participate in in-house training classes and other learning opportunities
Please email us your cover letter and resume with “Staff Accountant – Part Time” in the subject box.