Employment Opportunities – Office Manager
Cook CPA Group
Office Manager – Part Time
Do you love wearing many hats and serving as an integral part of the team (we cannot do our job without your help!)?
Do you excel with organization, administrative duties and “herding cats”? (Kidding, but we do have an in-office resident dog named Breyer.)
We are seeking an Office Manager to join our CPA firm and help us to support our staff and clients. This role is integral to our success and we really need YOU!
This position is ideal for someone familiar with a CPA firm or professional services firm environment (fast-paced, field personnel, lots of moving parts, billable environment). This role offers the opportunity to promote into Chief of Staff. This role is truly the caretaker of our clients and the backbone of making sure things get done.
- Greet clients and answer phones (welcoming and friendly a must!)
- Process and assemble tax returns (both paperless and paper processes) for up to 250 returns with the majority being 1040’s and 1120-S.
- Setup and maintain client files
- Assist partner in maintaining project scheduling
- Prepare engagement letters, correspondence, reports and other documents
- Give potential new clients information regarding our services both verbally and written communication
- Resolves client complaints or concerns by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions
- Perform standard clerical duties such as copying, scanning, filing, answering phones, scheduling appointments
- Manage accounts receivable to ensure timely collections and billing of tax returns
- Assist clients with tax return pick up; securing signatures on all documents; instructing client to complete the filing process, remit payment for balances, remit estimated tax payments, etc.
- Manage the day to day operations of the office activities including the reception area, arrange maintenance/repairs, stock supplies, and game room (yes, we have a game room)
A successful Office Manager is someone professional, hospitable and friendly who helps provide a seamless, 5-star client experience for both our external clients and our CPA staff. Our goal is high quality service and “raving fan” client experience!
Requirements for the Job
- Deadline driven, goal oriented “get-it-done” mentality
- Ability to manage many moving parts and maintain high level of organization
- High level of professionalism, attention to detail, initiative, independence, and client confidentiality
- Impeccable organizational and follow up skills; seeks ways to improve efficiency
- Comfort with using a multi-line phone system, answering and fielding phone calls
- Must be able to learn various software platforms (we use a few of them!) including learning quickly with limited guidance
- Approachable demeanor, positive attitude and present well in person, via phone and email
- Articulate, calm under pressure and adaptable to an ever-changing priority list
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands under deadline pressure
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to use MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook at a proficient level
Desired, Not Required
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm or professional services firm
- Experience with social media marketing
- Event planning experience
- Interest in learning about how to do podcasts and webinars – where else can we utilize your skills to help our firm?!
This is an hourly position for about 20 hours a week in a high-pace environment.